Product Review: MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation



Product Info from MAC Cosmetics
A one-step application of foundation and powder. Gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing: lasts for up to eight hours. A real all-in-one. The choice of pros, and a longtime favorite of M∙A∙C fans.

Retail Price: 179 Saudi Riyals
Available: At all local MAC branches

    This is one of the very first products that I bought when I take about makeup. By far it’s one of the best powder foundations available in market. If you are looking for a powder that has good coverage, great oil control, long lasting and comes in a wide array of shades; this is a wonderful product to try. 


    MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation is a one-step application of foundation and setting powder. It gives medium to full matte coverage and lasts through the work day without touch ups when a makeup primer is used. The compact comes with a powder puff that can be stored in a compartment in the bottom, but I don't prefer the sponge that comes with the compact because it picks up too much product from the pan when swiped. I prefer to use flat top Kabuki to apply it. I use the shade NC 20 and it is a pretty good match for my skin and blends in seamlessly, and hiding any imperfections. And easily lasts for around 5-6 hours before touch ups, and after being applied with time it starts to get smoother on skin, as I felt for oily skin especially.
One last thing, for the price you get a good amount of product, .it contains about 3-4 grams more than the average drugstore powder, my compacts lasts me around 6-8 months. And another thing I noticed that the product left on the sides of the compact does not fall off when it hits pan, while with most drugstore brand face powders, they tend to crumble after it hits the pan.


What I like about it...
* Sleek and sturdy black packaging/with mirror
* comes with a non-latex sponge
* The powder is fine milled, soft and smooth texture
* Medium to full coverage
* Superb oil control
* A little goes a long way, my compact lasted 8 months
* Long lasting, about 6 hours before it started to fade away
* has a very mild scent, almost unnoticeable
* Has yellow undertones
* The Powder shade matches my skin tone perfectly
* Travel freindly
* Fulfills what the product promises

What I don't like...
* Expensive
* May not be suitable for sensitive skins
* Clogs pores
* Acne prone skin may get worse with usage

Would I rebuy it…?
Yes, I have sensitive skin so I do tend to get zits with its usage sometimes,so a good cleansing regime is required with its use, but I still rate it as an awesome product

Chronicles Rating: 4 / 5


Hope this was helpful.
Like Us on Facebook to stay updated..
    
                                                                  Happy Reading….!