Product Review : NARS powder Blusher in shade Orgasm



Product Info from NARS Cosmetics, Inc.
Blusher Orgasm:  Peachy pink with shimmer. Made with transparent pigments for a soft and sheer look.  Imparts a natural, healthy glow for any skin tone and may be worn alone or layered together for more depth and intensity.
Retail Price: 30 US Dollar
Available: Online websites/not available locally

  Orgasm blush has always been one of the most hyped products by makeup junkies, considered with all the pros and nothing a con. So, how can I resist not buying it. I’ll say it’s a product which either you love it or hate it. It’s always defined as said to give the glow-from-within- look, which yet another love or hate thing. 
   The packaging is sleek and velvet-feeling, rubbery coating. However once you use the product it gets really messy, you have to clean it after every use. It’s a 50-50 thing for me tough it looks chic but I like my stuff to be clean rather than dust prone.


   The blusher shade is multi -dimensional, a peachy pink shade with gold sheen. The shimmer is finely milled .I have such mixed feelings about this blush. It does look so pretty in the pan while I felt that as for a blush the gold sheen is far more dominant then the peach or pink, felt more like a bronzer than a blush. And one thing I can say that the claim that “Orgasm works on any skin tone” is unfortunately not correct. I am an NC 20, and I literally layered it a number of times using a blush brush and it simply does not show up on me. Correction, the shimmer shows up, but nothing else. Its sheer on me and i have to use a few layers to show pink however i get the light sheer look more than the pink, it looks like a bit rosey but more golden sheen on my cheeks which sometimes is a bit too much.

   The texture is okay, but I find that it doesn't blend super well on my cheeks and the pigmentation could be better. When I sweep my brush across the pan, it seems to pick up much more gold shimmer than true color of the blush. The color will surely visible on lighter skin tones but sadly I don’t think this would be a good buy for darker skin tones. And it’s definitely not a universal shade for a blush.



   The staying power was not promising either it hardly lasted 3-4 hours one me, which any regular drugstore blush can last .I have oily skin ,might stay longer on dry skin. I think there are many other blushers that are much prettier, and even that there are probably blushes that are more universally flattering than this and in terms of lasting power. Also, price wise it's expensive for the pigmentation and staying power that it has.



What I like about it...
* Appealing Packaging
* Looks expensive on the cheeks
* Healthy, dewy finish
* Finely milled shimmer
* Highlights a little
* Suitable for day or night
* Visible on lighter/pale skin tone

What I don't like...
* Packaging gets dirty easily
* Expensive compared to quality
* Too shimmery
* Doesn't blend well
* Not long lasting
* Unnatural color
* Doesn’t show's up on darker skin tones

Would I rebuy it…?
Its chic in looks, it’s shimmery but sadly it’s not for darker skin tones and neither for me. I would finish up my current compact using it as a bronzer,but I won’t buy it again.

Chronicles Rating: 3 / 5


Hope was helpful.
Like Us on Facebook to stay updated...
Happy Reading….!