DIY GLAM GLOW Inspired Face Mask



As-salam-O-Alykum...Glam'Yees...
GlamGlow is basically made of a clay that extracts dirt & oil blended with activated charcoal for even more cleansing power. Then they added a series of acids including glycolic acid and mandelic acid. I've made clay masks at home before but never thought about including an acid to exfoliate the top layers as the clay works deep within. Thanks to the inspiration from GlamGlow, adding an acid to clay masks will be my thing from now on. The mask below is an DIY version and resembles more like the GLAMGLOW SUPERMUD mask, but it’s not as drying.



Ingredients:
Source
  • 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
  • 1/8 cup ( 2 Tbsp) Bentonite Clay
  • 4 capsules of Activated Charcoal
  • 1/2 Tbsp Aloe Vera gel (make sure it’s the 99.9 percent or is all natural)
  • 2 oz (4 Tbsp) chamomile tea (I did green tea instead because we don’t have chamomile)
  • 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
  • 2 drops tea tree essential oil (I added 2 drops of pure tea tree oil for its antiseptic qualities, which I already had on hand. )

Directions:
Prep:
  • Seep your tea bag in 4 oz of hot water and let cool. I used two green tea bags and 8 oz of water. 
  • Melt your coconut oil. 
  • Mix everything together in a bowl, except for the tea 
  • I recommend using Aztec Secret bentonite clay 
  • You can find Activated Charcoal capsules at most pharmacies, but we just got them from amazon. You want to either cut them or take them apart and dump the charcoal powder into the bowl. I took the capsule apart and it got my hands a little messy and black, but it wasn’t too much of a problem for me. 

  • Slowly whisk in the cooled tea until you get the right creamy consistency. I noticed that mine still had some small chunks, but it’s nothing to worry about.The final result was very close in color and slightly a bit less thick than the original. 

DRY SKIN /MATURE SKIN BEAUTIES -add in some Honey or Glycerin to add in some moisture.

It was really easy to apply the mask, plus a cooling sensation due to refrigeration. I noticed that while the mask was drying it didn’t feel too tight on my face, and it didn’t change colour like GLAMGLOW one does. It took about 20 minutes to dry. Washing it off may leave a grey residue on some parts of the face, which can be cleaned when followed up with a bealnser. This left my face so soft and smooth and I noticed that many of the blackheads on my nose were gone. This mask was well worth the initial cost it takes to make it because you could make lots of masks from the ingredients since you are only using a small amount each time. Also, I didn’t use that much to cover my entire face with a good layer of it, so that was a nice little bonus.

Put the mask into a glass container, store in the refrigerator for 1 hour and enjoy. I used a container from an old facial moisturizer.
It’s best to keep it in the refrigerator. Otherwise, just keep it in a cool dark place or else it could spoilsince it doesn’t have any preservatives in it. 



Stay Gorgeous,
Ma'As Salama