Today Im reviewing... The Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask.
We have all seen the green clay masks, and we have all heard the pulsating claims. It is one of the most raved about deep cleansing clay mask in the beauty community.
WHAT IT CLAIMS
When a facial or clay poultice is applied to the skin it forms a negative charge. Poisons and toxins stored in the epidermis have a positive charge - Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay lifts the pimple and blackheads into the clay bed to cause accelerated healing and nourishment to the skin with over 50 minerals.100% NATURAL.Taking a look inside it looks like sand. One pound of finely milled, gray-green sand.
HOW TO USE
1. Wash your face with a mild cleanser and pat dry. Mix clay with equal parts of raw apple cider vinegar and/or water. It is best to use a glass, pottery or wooden bowl; do not use a metal bowl or utensil. Stir the mixture well to a smooth paste.
2. Once you have your mask "paste," apply it in about an 1/8- to a 1/4-inch-thick slab on your face. Don't put it on too thinly or it won't work as well.
3. Moving your face can be uncomfortable, so do your best not to talk or smile. You will feel your face tingle a bit and you might experience a mild burning sensation. Your face will also pulsate. Really. It says so on the jar. Let it dry for 5 - 10 minutes for delicate skin and 15 - 20 minutes for normal skin. 15-30 minutes for oily skin.Let the mask dry for 15 minutes and draw out impurities for another 15 minutes or so, for a total of 30 minutes.. The jar of clay states that you can even leave it on for five minutes, so it's entirely up to you and what you think is best for your skin.
4. Once dry, wash it off with warm water. It'll take a little work to get it off, but trust me, it will wash away. If your skin is sensitive, restrain your urge to pick the dried hunks of mask off. Slight redness of the skin is completely normal and will disappear in about 30 minutes.
DOES IT WORKS? MY THOUGHTS
Oily/Acne Prone skin
- remove black/white heads easily
- smooth and clean nose
- nice pulsating feel
- easy to make
- one jar (1lbs) can be use for a really long time, good for money
- strong smell (the smell of apple vinegar is kinda annoying)
- a bit messy
- hard to clean (should use warm water)
- make your face turns red for a while
- should use plastic/glass plate and spoon
- pulsating feeling (for those who doesnt like it)
Overall Rating : 4.5/5
Repurchase? Yes, i love it
Size: 1lb and 2lbs
Cost: 45-75 SAR Depending on the size you order
Available at :Iherb website here and if you are in Saudi Arabia you can order it from Limited Editions here.
If you are looking for a nice clay detox mask, I highly recommend you picking this up. Everything is 100% natural so it can work for sensitive skin as well. You can add in more ingredients to it and tailor it to suit your skin needs, find it out here.
Have you tried this mask before? Share your thoughts about it
Until Next time,