RIMMEL Provocalips 16 HR Lip Colours - Review and Swatches



As-salam-O-Alykum...Glam'Yees...
I’ll be doing another review for you of yet another new Rimmel lip product: the new Rimmel London Provocalips 16 HR Kiss Proof Lip Color. The display and the promise captured me, so I had to indulge in buying this one too. This is a 2-step lip product. The side with the actual color is the first step. The second step is the white side, which is a clear glossy gel that is supposed to go over the color.



WHAT IT CLAIMS

Just like my other review, I’ll first let you know what the website says about this product:

  • Kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof high impact endless color
  • No tight feeling or dry lips. Lips feel smooth and moisturized all day long.
  • Easy removal with oil based makeup remover.

This is a 2-step lip product. The side with the actual color is the first step. The second step is the white side, which is a clear glossy gel that is supposed to go over the color.

PACKAGING & PIGMENTATION


Let me start by saying that the packaging of this product is super cute with the color and the lips and ugh! It’s just really cute When it comes to application, both sides have a doe-foot applicator, which I actually really like. When I swatched this on my hand, I was so happy to see that it was extremely pigmented. It is quite true to color, but in some there are  pretty gold shimmers in it that make it more frosty than the packaging appears to be
Because the lipcolor is demi-matte, you can choose whether you want to have matte lips, or you can apply gloss for some shine. I actually enjoyed living on the matte side of life this week and only applied the gloss whenever my lips needed a bit of hydration.

APPLICATION
Application is as easy as one, two, thr-- no actually that's it! Just two simple steps and a few seconds of wait in-between steps.Step 1 is the lip color (liquid lipstick) and the consistency is very runny upon application, so a bit of caution is required. This isn't the type of lip product that you can just slather on without a mirror!


When you first apply the color, you want to make sure to let it sit for a minute and do not press your lips together. It goes on smooth, butAfter a few seconds the lip color will turn a bit tacky and sticky. It will also feel like it's tightening your lips a bit. It starts off looking very glossy but will turn into a satin-matte finish once it dries. This is your cue to apply Step 2.



                      

DO NOT attempt to apply Step 2 when the lip color is still wet and runny. You've been warned ;)
The lip color is required to dry and feel tacky for Step 2 to adhere to it properly.
Step 2 is sort of the "top coat" and works to shield the lip color so that upon contact, or if fading is to occur, it would occur to the "top coat" first. Step 2 also ensures your lips stay hydrated and helps avoid flaking.

SHADES AND SWATCHES


The product comes in a wide range of 8 shades. 4 everyday/wearable shades, and 4 brighter ones.


110 Dare To Pink- Nude - pale pink. Honestly way too pale for me - I look like I have toothpaste on my lips, but this will look lovely on paler skin tones.



230 Kiss Fatal - Cool-toned, vampy plum. Perfect for fall!





200 I'll Call You -Cool-toned medium pink. One of my favorites!




310 Little Minx - Bright fuschia, hot pink.those of you who love bright pinks, this will be so flattering.



500 Kiss Me You Fool- Bright, true red with warmer undertones. Such a fun all-year-long bright red!
 

550 Play With Fire - Dark, cool-toned, red. Reminds me of the "Big Bang" shade from their Apocalips line.



730 Make Your Move- Brownish rose pink, a true MLBB shade. This is my favorite shade out of the whole line!

700 Skinny Dipping- Brown-based nude - It was too brown for my liking so I didnt picked up this one

LONGEVITY
(L-R , 110,200,310,550,730,500,230)
                                       
I personally didn't have to reapply the lip color throughout the day, all I did was reapply the second step.  They lasted for at least 6hrs  before showing signs of fading, with no oily eating , i did had liquids. I've never had them on for more than 8 hours, so I can't testify whether they'd really last as long as it was advertised to last for - i.e. 16 hours.
Step 2 (the balm/lock-in gloss),  Step 2 is used to protect the lip color and it works!

Price 
This product retails for 40SAR (prices may vary)
Availability
Its available at Boots pharmacy and centerpoint, across saudi arabia.
Overall
At this price, overall I would day I'm so impressed with Rimmel's this line of lip product release.
If anyone else has tried this and loves it like me, let me know and until next time..


 Until Next time...
Stay Gorgeous,
Ma'As Salama