NARS Blush 'Taj Mahal' Review,Swatches


   Long before the color orange was the it color of last season, I had a fascination with the color, most specifically burnt orange. I thought it was such a beautiful and vibrant pick me up color. I wanted to add it to my make up collection. Of course, at that time, it was a hard color to come across.

  Finally ,I made up my mind to try on this daring color. I was looking at the Nars blushes. I know that Nars has a great reputation for their blushes, especially their famous "O" blush.Its blushes which have remarkable smoothness, texture. NARS blushes invariably feature among the top blushers in every beauty list – year on year.
 I noticed they had an orange blush called Taj Mahal. And as per NARS, it is a “blazing burnt orange with golden shimmer” – which describes it perfectly!When I buy something online, I like to look up reviews first before making my purchase. I found a couple of YouTube videos and after watching them, I decided to go ahead and buy the blush.
                           
And as per NARS, it is a “blazing burnt orange with golden shimmer” – which describes it perfectly!When I buy something online, I like to look up reviews first before making my purchase. I found a couple of YouTube videos and after watching them, I decided to go ahead and buy the blush.
1


PACKAGING
Comes in the signature NARS packaging which is a black rubberized case which comes enclosed in a cardboard box. The case has a decent-sized mirror. However, there is no applicator with it. (which is okay, considering we anyway do not use these, so why bother!)


TEXTURE AND COLOR
Looking at the color in the pan – it looks SCARY!! It’s a burnt orange color! I opened this one and thought – “Why did I order? . Did a swatch on my finger and the reaction became worse.Altough I love super pigmented blushers but this one seemed way to much. But, hold on! Then, I tried it on my cheeks,cant believe ...it looks Awesome!! The smoothness, texture, etc.,is same as for any NARS blush no compaints – but the color, its something else which is ought to be noted! Its warm and golden (not glittery) and orange, like sun-kissed cheeks.The

 1

 


SWATCHES
 UNBLENDED -NO FLASH
 2

 UNBLENDED - WITH FLASH

2

 BLENDED IN- WITH FLASH

2


Just look at the pigmentation,its insane. You cannot really use a traditional blush brush to apply this. The color pigmentation is so intense that a single swipe of the blush brush would still be way too much! So, what do we do? Use a fan brush! I use MAC184 and a gentle swipe of this on the cheeks imparts the most amazing colour!

BEST FOR
It's perfect for summer with lots of shimmer and orange-y, coral tones.And Its perfect to be paired with all the corals, peaches and tangerines that feature on our lips! It would go with any warm color on the lips. Most online reviews state that It would definitely suit anyone with skin tone NC35 and above,but I would say the right way used it can rock even on pale skin tones.(just for the records im NC 20).

 The color is so gorgeous i wasn't even able to capture it correctly the below temptalia's image translates it exactly as it is.


Source:Temptalia

                         
FAQ's
PROS
Its NARS – finely milled, easily blend-able
Its super pigmented – I mean it
Fabulous for adding warmth and color in one single swipe.
Iconic color – you wont find a dupe easily
Comes in a with mirror
Extremely long-lasting. The color stays put for good 8 hours.
The color works well for day and night both.
Worth the price- the quality fo the product ,you dun even need a single swipe for use ,this would last you a lifetime
CONS
The rubberized packaging is a dust and fingerprint magnet – and difficult to clean.
Availability in ksa
You may would need to invest in a fan brush!


WHERE CAN I PURCHASE IT?

NARS Website,

NARS counter in sephora stores ACROSS middle east & world
In KSA ,NARS is not retailed so you need to buy either from nars website directly or get it either from web or local, e-stores .

HOW MUCH IS IT?

I bought for 179 sar - (prices may vary in other countries)

IS IT LIMITED EDITION?
No.
Source:Temptalia


So, which one is your favorite blush for the summers? Tell me through your comments, what is the one item you are currently saving to splurge on?

Until next time,
Stay Gorgeous,
Ma'as Salama

DISCLAIMER:All products by my personal money,its not a PR product,and all views about the product are my personal unbiased views.

1,2